ABOUT ISO TANKS
ISO tanks are cost-effective and are increasingly becoming the preferred method to carry bulk liquids.
An ISO tank container has a mechanical frame which can be locked in place and easily moved and mounted on a ship, a train, or a chassis. This lowers handling and storage costs as much as 30% versus an over-the-road tanker.
MORE BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES
- Increased safety because the mechanical frame is locked down assuring contents do not move so there is less opportunity for accidents.
- ISO tanks can be stacked saving energy and time
- They come in a variety of capacities but the steel framework is standard at 20-feet by 8-feet by 8.6-feet
- Contents can be kept hot or cold with steam heat or cooling systems
- Can carry a wide variety of bulk liquids from water to sulfuric acid to food products, and oil
Want to learn more about ISO tanks? Check out our post: All About ISO Tanks